People choose different kinds of waterproofing membrane Melbourne to protect their property from water and vapour infiltration. You need to choose the best waterproofing membranes according to the nature of soil, hydrostatic pressure and building construction. Waterproofing membranes basically prevent water intrusion and they can keep your building safe from water damages. Hydrostatic pressure created by moisture in the liquid state can penetrate into your building or concrete foundation, and they can damage your building completely. In this case, you need to choose the best quality waterproofing membrane Melbourne which contains plastic, rubber, polymer and coated fabric materials. You can apply such waterproofing membranes or coatings on your roof, balcony, walls and basements.
Different kinds of waterproofing membranes available in Melbourne:
There are different kinds of waterproofing membranes available in Melbourne and some of them can resist moisture. These products can keep your building safe from dampness. Depending on the structure of your building, you need to choose the best waterproofing membrane. There are two kinds of membranes available such as negative waterproofing membrane Melbourne and positive waterproofing membrane Melbourne. You can use the negative waterproofing membrane in your interior area, and you can apply the positive membranes on your exterior walls, roof and balcony.
- Positive waterproofing membranes are more effective because they are used on the exterior walls. They can prevent moisture and keep your building safe from harsh climatic conditions. They can protect your structural components such as steel and concrete structure, and positive waterproofing membranes can also protect your building from corrosive chemicals.
- Such membranes are available in different forms such as fluid and sheet membranes and you can easily install such waterproofing membranes on your roof, exterior walls, balcony and other exterior places.
- On the other part, you need to choose some negative waterproofing membrane Melbourne for your interior space, and you can apply them on the dry walls. They can prevent water from entering into a particular space, but they cannot prevent water from penetrating into the walls.
- Epoxy injections or coatings and cementations coatings are the most common forms of negative waterproofing, and they can withstand hydrostatic pressure.
- Apart from that, you can find some blind side waterproofing membranes in Melbourne. They are very difficult to apply and you need to apply such membranes before pouring the concrete materials. Such waterproofing membranes are used as soil retention system, and you can use them in tunnels and high-density job sites.
Grades of waterproofing membranes:
However, apply waterproofing membranes during a new construction you must choose positive waterproofing membranes only. You can find some corrosion in your steel or concrete foundations, and you can prevent such chemical corrosions by using negative waterproofing membranes. Apart from that, you must choose the best waterproofing membranes according to their grade. Best-grade waterproofing membranes are breathable, and they have huge UV resistant capacity. Plus, they have thermal and structural movement capability, and they are suitable for high traffic area.
On the other part, low-grade waterproofing membranes can prevent hydrostatic pressure and chemical erosion. These have low absorption capacity and you can use them for a groundwater system. They are thick and flexible. You must choose such negative or low-grade waterproofing membranes according to the surrounded walls where you want to install them.
It is better to search for the best waterproofing contractors online and take suggestion from them. They will inspect your site and suggest you the best waterproofing membranes. If you want to apply such membranes with your DIY tools then you can search some readymade waterproofing coatings online.