Having an attractive and fast-loading website is good for the growth of your online business. But you also need to ensure that it is secure and that the data stored on it is safe from hackers, DDoS attacks, and viruses. The type of hosting services that you choose and the security features that form part of it is important. While shared hosting plans are the most affordable they render your website vulnerable to several security issues arising due to the sharing of the server. In contrast, dedicated server hosting in India involves the allocation of the whole server for your website. This means that your website does not share any resources with other websites and so is less vulnerable to security issues arising due to their fault.
Table of Contents
Dedicated Server Hosting Vs Shared Hosting
Shared hosting plans are excellent options for new and small businesses that have budget limitations. These plans involve the assigning of one single server to several websites with each website allocated a specific amount of storage and bandwidth. These highly affordable hosting plans, however, fail to provide adequate security. Due to the security threats associated with the common use of one server by many websites, shared hosting is not recommended for businesses that store a lot of personal information of their clients.
Ways To Improve The Security Of Your Dedicated Server
While dedicated server hosting in India does away with the risks arising due to sharing of resources, other threats like malware, hacking, virus attacks, DDoS, and password breach continue to exist. Adequate measures need to be implemented to ensure that your dedicated server is secure. These include:
- Regular Updates– To ensure the optimum performance of your resources it is essential that you use the latest versions of the software and hardware. Old and redundant software is more prone to security threats and hacking attempts. In contrast, the latest versions or updates of your software are less prone to hacking.
- Password Protection– Even when you are using a dedicated server hosting plan, do not rely on default passwords. Instead, choose a strong password that is difficult to guess. And keep on changing it every few months.
- Regular Checks For Malware– Run regular checks and scans to identify any kind of malware that can pose a risk to your website’s security. If you have opted for managed hosting, your hosting service provider will take care of this.
- Regular Backups– If you do not want to lose the information stored on your website, run regular data back-ups. This will help you to restore the data easily.
- Set Up Firewalls And Use Intrusion Detection Systems– To ensure the safety of your website and its content you can use firewalls. Similarly, to identify intruders from accessing critical data, intrusion detection systems can be put in place.
- Choose A Good Hosting Service– By choosing a good hosting plan that includes adequate security features like SSL certification and the use of CDN that aids in the prevention of DDoS attacks you can enhance the enhance the security of your website.
If you are not technically sound or find it difficult to manage the security and other aspects of your website, invest in a managed dedicated server hosting in India. This means that your dedicated hosting provider
takes charge and incorporates measures to make your website and server safe from any kind of threat.