The ladder security starts at home. Family habits are usually given to children. One of those habits is often the use and abuse of a step ladder.
A 10 step ladder can also be dangerous if common sense is not used. 160,000 injuries are reported from the ladder each year, many of which will be due to lack of precaution and protection. Unfortunately, many injuries result in serious injuries to users, even paraplegic or quadriplegic.
Personal experience with ladders:
Step ladder: Neighbours on the side were painting the ceiling of their front porch using a 6-foot aluminum step ladder. It had a drop sheet at the bottom of the stairs to protect the floor tiles. The ladder slipped, she fell and injured her spine and became paralyzed. After several operations, he spent his life in a wheelchair and died a few years later. His downfall was only a few feet away, but a simple accident changed his life and his family forever.
Extension ladder: This time it was a happy result. I had a roof repairing roof. This extension ladder was drawn in front of the house; he went for his morning tea. My three-year-old son decided to become a friend. The tradesman returned from a tea break, looked up and at the age of three was capping along the ridge. The tradesman called to me very quietly, pointing to the ceiling. We treated him like a game, a tradesman on the roof. I calmly talked about it with my son, who scared him down and took him down for safety. The treadmill and I looked at each other, swore, breathed a sigh of relief and thanked God for keeping my son safe. They are an essential piece of equipment for many places and have many uses:
At home – Replacing light bulbs, cleaning gutters, painting
Trade Person – from electrician to carpenter to painter
Warehouse – General maintenance for pile of goods
Industrial Occupational & Construction Sites – For business people … the list is almost endless.
The worry of using ladders is likely to decrease.
Stairway Safety Tips – Never:
1) Stay on the top ladder – the stress on the ladder can stop it.
2) Reach Outreach – Good tip. Always keep the buckle of your belt within the staircase.
3) Try moving the ladder while staying on the ladder – this method is called the “walking king”
4) Place the ladder under the electric wire – especially the aluminum step ladder, the metal conductor of electricity, so is the human body. Use a wooden or fiberglass ladder.
5) Waiting for a disaster to come on un-frozen, un-level, wet or slippery surfaces, as shared on my friend’s unfortunate experience.
6) Use when injured, tired, or under the influence of substances, including drugs
7) Leave any LADDERs inaccessible – In my example above, children prefer to climb.
Stairway Safety Tips – Always:
1) Open the ladder completely – do not run it against the wall and climb it, the ladder is not made for this purpose.
2) Protect the bracket – Hint: The bracket is there for a reason
)) On the first step, stop, stop, and make sure the ladder is stable by providing a soft case
4) Always hold the ladder with at least one hand and wear good sturdy shoes
5) Remove the equipment at the top of the ladder, especially screwdrivers, grate, hammer, knives and paint. There are things at the top of the stairs that can be very hard, fast, or wet down on you or around you very quickly if moving up the stairs is easy to forget.
6) Make sure the ladder can carry your weight and any additional accessories such as equipment
7) Work with someone else nearby, if an accident happens, immediate help is nearby.
Whether you own a home or rent a flat, chances are that you have used the ladder to perform daily and DIY tasks. A 12 step ladder is an essential item in virtually every home, so most of us provide it. Did you know, for example, there is a set of UK and EU safety standards for stepping stairs, and you should only buy a LADDER that is BS EN? This ensures that the ladder has passed a rigorous set of safety standards. There are 3 main classifications for LADDERs, Class I, Class EN131 and Class III. Find out why these categories are important and read about a quality Titan LADDER that fits all your needs.