On average, an air conditioning unit comes with a lifespan of 15 to 20 years, which means, investing on an efficient model would mean that you won’t have the need to replace them anytime soon. However, there are several situations where homeowners end up switching to a new unit even before the predicted life of the system- where does the problem exactly lie, is there something that can be done about it?
Role of Professional AC Maintenance and Repair Services
Your AC helps you beat the harsh month of summers, offering cool and welcoming temperatures indoors. And like most of the electrical devices present in your home, they require periodic maintenance and repair services for seamless operation. When you hire a reputable contractor for the air conditioning unit then you can take advantage of:
- Proper inspection, to check whether every component of the system is in a good condition or not.
- If at all, a particular part is damaged or broken then it would be immediately replaced before the minor issue takes the form of a major problem.
- Regular upkeep, by cleaning the air filters, verifying the condition of the compressor so that the efficiency of the system remains intact.
- Repair services, in case the AC malfunctions all of a sudden, you must make it a point to contact experienced contractors for help instead of experimenting with DIY (do-it-yourself) methods.
Be it in-depth inspection of the system, fixing various issues on-time or offering proper care and repairing damaged components, professionals provide all-round protection to the air conditioning unit which ultimately restores its lifespan.
Easy Tips for Improving Efficiency of Air Conditioning Unit
In addition to hiring a reliable contractor for the care and repair services of the AC unit, there are other simple tips that would aid in improving the overall efficiency of the system and these include:
- Make sure that you keep the outdoor vent clean and unobstructed by furniture, boxes, plants or other objects.
- Change the AC filter at least twice a year, or as guided by the manufacturer. You can also consult with the expert to find out more about a different type of suitable filters and when would be the best time to change them.
- Close your blinds, drapes or curtains, while you are using the system and the room comes in direct contact with sunlight.
- Have an automatic air conditioning unit timer, that would set the temperature to warmer when no one is at home and if you are going to reach your house do switch on the system about 30 minutes prior to achieve cosy and comfortable temperature.
- Take essential steps for making your house more energy-efficient, this includes investing on insulating system, choosing efficient window treatment or checking the room for signs of cracks or breakage.
Final Verdict: Professionals Can Make Your AC Run Better and Longer
From keeping the efficiency of the air conditioning system on-point to preserving the lifespan of the air conditioning system, professional services can be useful in making your AC good as new for years to come. Here, an most important thing that should be noted is that, not just maintenance or repair, seek help of certified contractor for the installation of air conditioning unit as well. This is because the installation can also have a dramatic impact on the efficiency and life of the system.
Your air conditioning unit is capable for running efficiently for years, why not maximize its potential by choosing a competent contractor who offers the best of installation, maintenance and repair services at one fine platform.