Houses are built which a lot of thought. A lot of hard-earned money is also spent behind the houses. They are created once in a lifetime. Therefore, people always want to use the best materials for the homes. The deck of a house is a place that is still exposed to direct heat, light, and rain. Hence, the best timber deckingmaterials must be used to safeguard the deck for an extended period. The right quality will not only last long but will also be cost-effective.
How to Choose the Best Timber for The Deck?
To build a deck that will last for a long time, the best timber deckingof theright quality is required. There are a lot of things that are needed to be checked in the timber before purchasing it for the deck. Some of them are:
1. Type of Timber – Timber is of different types. So, deciding the kind of timber required for the deck is very important. Moreover, this is the first step that needs to be taken before the commencement of the project. The client needs to check all the different grades of timber available in the market and choose the best timber decking according to their budget.
2.Size of Timber Required – Different sizes of timber boards are available in the market. Therefore, you need to check the size of the deck first and plan accordingly to minimize the cost and also the wastage of the material.
3.Color of the Timber – There are mainly three color groups available in timber. These color groups are red, cream, and white. So, the client needs to choose among these colors. The timbers look good in all the colors, but it is the client who needs to decide on the look of the deck.
4.The Durability of the Timber – It is the most critical aspect of any wood. You need to check the strength of the timber you have selected before purchasing it. The wood must be hardwood that takes a long time to grow. The hardwood is costlier than the softwood, which grows faster. However, it is always beneficial to purchase the hardwood for the deck as it will face a lot of climatic changes and needs to be tough.
Which Timber Can Be Used in The Deck?
Timbers are mainly two kinds i.e., softwood and hardwood. Different people select a different type of wood. Some of the wood that is chosen mostly are:
- Jarrah – The Jarrah timber is one of the costliest timbers in the world. It is not found in abundance in nature, so it is expensive. This is a hardwood and can give fantastic finishing. It is red in color and durable. It is also fire – resistant. This is the best timber deckingwood available in the market.
- Spotted Gum – The Spotted gum is also widely used for the deck. The color of this timber varies between pale brown to beautiful chocolate brown colored. The wood is fire- resistant and highly durable. It can be used for an extended period without much hassle as it is comparatively less prone to shrinking or bleeding like the other timbers available in the market.
- Treated Pine – The Treated Pine is one of the best timber decking in the world. The finishing of this wood is lovely. People prefer it more over the other types of wood as it is cost-effective. It can be easily painted.
- Merbau – The Merbau is one of the cheap timbers available in the market. This timber is rot-resistant and can be used in the decks. This is hardwood timber.
Hence, the client’s approval of the best timber deckingis required before commencing the project. The client must be satisfied with the product as this is done once in a while, and the client will have to use it for an extended period.