Ruby has always garnered attraction owing to its bright color. Ruby draws its name from the Latin word ‘Ruber’ which means red. The bright red color of the stone resonates with the color you associate with love, passion, and everything extreme. It is due to its shine and color that we are drawn towards it. The ruby jewellery has amassed a huge load of myths and folklore over the centuries.
Different sections of the society have different legends attached to the stone. While owning ruby jewellery is bound to make you look elegant and sophisticated, it is expensive and is often faked. It is also considered the birthstone for the people who are born in July.
The specialty of the Ruby Stone
The ruby stone has a special place in history. They were thought to protect the warriors going to wars. The gemstone is found in different shades of red. It is also found in different shapes like oval, round, etc. The occurrence of rubies all across the world has led to its availability. Most of the rubies that are naturally found are processed before released into the market. Ruby is easy to clean and maintain and the right cut and refractive index give it a shinier look.
Ruby jewellery is very hard and is capable of withstanding pressure and damage. The ruby stone is composed of corundum. The chromium present inside the gemstone lends ruby its color. These characteristics make ruby an utterly unique, rare and coveted gemstone.
Astrological benefits associated with ruby
Astrologers have associated wearing ruby jewellery with a positive impact since the beginning of time. Rubies are said to enforce positive effects on your physical health as well as on your emotional well being.
The various physical effects that a ruby stone provides are:
- The potent vibe and charisma of ruby are thought to bring people from the throes of depression. It is believed to provide energy and passion to an individual and infuse the virility of life within them.
- Wearing ruby jewelry is thought to improve eyesight and help maintain the circulation of blood. These are also believed to trigger the spleen, adrenal glands, kidneys, etc.
- The gemstone is also said to cleanse the body from toxins and help prevent diseases. Ruby has the healing power of its own, and it gives you name, fame, and money.
- You can match ruby stone with any other supplementary stone to make the accessory collection beautiful. You can match ruby with both eastern and western dresses and can make the jewelry stand out in the best possible way.
Rubies also influence your mental health. Some of them are:
- Ruby is associated with the Sun and is said to help the person wearing it help vanquish their shyness. The gemstone is believed to lend its wearer confidence to weave through life.
- The color of ruby signifies its stature as a gift to your partner. Ruby resembles all-consuming love and fiery passion, both of which you would want in a relationship.
- Ruby has been the choice of gemstone for Kings and Emperors over the centuries. It denotes power, success, and esteem. It is believed to provide the wearer with success and fame.
- The gemstone is thought to make the wearer more focused and sharp over various aspects of their life. It is also believed to enhance creative minds.
The uniqueness and importance of ruby jewellery in medical astrology are unfounded. It is a precious gemstone and is revered by those who own it. Ruby is also worn as an astrological or a mixed variety of stone now. You can get wholesale ruby stones and customize them to make nice cufflinks, rings, earrings, and wedding bands.